16 May 2009

<3

Three years ago, my life was in sort of a dark spot. I had so many problems. I was extremely depressed; suicidal, even. I was a totally different person. Yeah, sure, I take meds for depression and they do their job most days, but back then it was a whole different story. I was fighting with my stepfather, fighting with people in school, in a bad relationship with someone who wanted control over me (and pretty much had it), and I felt I had no voice. Long story short, I was a mess. Then I ended that relationship, transferred schools, and things cooled down with my stepfather. I was still kind of drifting through life. It wasn't nearly as bad as before, but I was still depressed. About a year of that, then my friend calls me to hang out.
She comes and gets me, and says we're going to go meet a friend of hers at the beach. We're halfway there, she calls him up and we all meet at some K-Mart. It was funny because I didn't know this dude at all. Just a name. There was something about him. I don't know what it was, I still don't. That day we spent the day cruising the strip, yelling at passers-by, and blaring music down the road. He and I hit it off pretty well. That night, I think it was by IM, he asked if I wanted to go to the mall or something. I texted him the directions to my house the next day. I had just met him the day before, and here I was getting ready to get into his car. Didn't know him well, who he was, or what he did. I could have had a number of things happen. I was SO stupid.
That was both the dumbest and best thing I ever did, and Iwill NEVER do it again. A month later he asked me out. Almost two years later we're still together, and serious about each other. He is really the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me. He loves me for who I am; not what I have. He sacrifices so much for me. It's so unreal. He comes to get me almost every day (I can't drive 'til Sept.), he's on me about my college work, he looks out for my well-being, and he just does SO much to help me with everything he can. Two years we've been together, and he STILL opens doors. He's intelligent, trustworthy, empathetic, kind; almost too good to be true! I still don't know what I did to deserve him. We communicate awesomely, if there's a problem, we solve it. He has the biggest heart of most people I know. Every time he sees a donation box, he puts some change in. He calls it "giving to the shorties" if it's a childrens' fund. He's everything I'd hoped for, no, prayed for.

There IS a God, and he sent me Corey.

2 comments:

Ziggy Stardust said...

Really nice story. Thanks it was a pleasure to read.

latin_girl87 said...

Awww, I'm glad you found someone as special as him. If he is as great as he sounds then you found one of those 1 in a million type guys :) I wish you guys all the best in your happy and bright futures! P.S. Did some clickin on my way out