19 July 2009

You could be eating cloned food.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7190305.stm

How creepy is this? Not only is the US researching the use of cloning for food, but they're also going to feed it to us without labelling it. In the near future, you could be eating a clone of a pig, a copycow, or even a recycled chicken. I don't know about y'all, but I find this unnerving. I don't want to eat anything that was brought into the world in a lab. The EU is at least for labelling their foods; I think that says something about the US. I'm not a fan of genetically modified food, either. I don't like that people are experimenting using us as involuntary test subjects. As much as I make fun of organi-nuts, I'm beginning to see WHY they're that way.

Makes me shudder to think what the Government is doing that no one knows about...

No comments: